Friday 26 December 2014

Boxing Day at Forty Hall

 This morning my mum came into my room with a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea and announced 'we're going for a walk.'

My family love to soften the blow of bad news with food, it's how we operate.

Anyway, I groaned and complained, as did my brother, but we were dragged along on this walk. We decided to make the most of it and have a mini photoshoot.

We went to Forty Hall, a local house and gardens near my home. I spent lots of childhood walks there, and going there always makes me feel a little nostalgic.



I took the opportunity to wear one of my Christmas presents - this lovely jumper from Joy. It's wintery but not Christmassy, so I can wear it for January and February too.

Jumper - Joy, Jeans - Topshop, Boots - Doc Marten, Coat - Primark. Belly bulge - Christmas food!
Glasses - Gok Wan for Specsavers, Lipstick - GOSH in Yours Forever
I'll probably do a post soon about all the new lipsticks I've bought recently. I'm really liking this one from GOSH - it's in a lovely colour and the formula's really moisturising.



I've barely ever actually been inside the hall itself, they hardly ever used to open it. Nowadays they have lots of events going on inside it, which is nice because it's a really beautiful house.


This and the following photos are all taken in the Rose Gardens. There aren't many roses there this time of year, but during the summer it looks beautiful. It's the perfect place for a game of hide and seek too!





I've had this Primark coat a few weeks now and I really love it. It's huge and shapeless and I feel like an overgrown bat, so it's exactly my kind of thing. The boots I've had since September, and I bought them in the softest leather they have so they barely took any time to wear in at all.


After our walk we had lunch and then me and my mum went to see the new Hobbit film. I cried, a lot!

I'm going back to Norwich on Monday, because I've got to finish my dissertation and I can't have any more distraction. It's due on the 13th of January and I've probably done nowhere near enough of it, so the next few weeks will be work, work, work. Christmas always goes too quickly and I can't wait to hand the damn thing in.

That being said, I'll probably write a post before or on the new year. Resolutions will be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment